AJA has introduced Io XT, the company’s first Thunderbolt-enabled professional video I/O device.
Io XT connects to a Thunderbolt-enabled Apple computer via a single cable. An additional Thunderbolt port is provided, allowing daisy-chaining to other Thunderbolt peripherals like high bandwidth storage and high-resolution displays through a single interface; simplifying the connection of multiple devices and creating a very portable package.
In addition to the wide range of supported capture and playback formats, the Io XT can unify disparate formats via its 10-bit hardware Up/Down/Cross conversion capability. Designed for today’s workflows, Io XT provides compatibility with the most popular NLE programs, the newest codecs, video formats, stereoscopic 3D workflows, and more.
Io XT features include:
• Two Thunderbolt ports, supports multiple Thunderbolt-enabled device daisy-chaining
• Two 3G/HD/SD-SDI inputs and outputs
• Single link SDI 4:2:2 support, single and dual-link SDI 4:4:4 support
• HDMI input and output (including support for 3D)
• Analog HD/SD component and composite output, 10-bit
• Video Up, Down, and Cross conversion (hardware-based, 10-bit)
• 8-channel embedded SDI audio I/O
• 8-channel balanced analog audio output (using an optional DB-25 type cable)
• Uncompressed I/O allows capture, monitoring and mastering to Apple ProRes, DVCProHD, CineForm, Avid DNxHD and more
• Front panel LED VU meters
• Headphone output w/level control
• Reference In/LTC In (selectable)
• LTC output
• 4-pin XLR Power (AC adapter included)
• AJA Control Room software
• AJA Technical Support and International Warranty included
Io XT is planned for availability in Q4 of this year for US$1,495 (£941).