The best animated short film nominees for the Goya Awards have been announced.
The Goya Awards are the equivalent of the Spanish film industry’s Oscars.
The nominees are:
- Atención al cliente by Marcos Valin and David Alonso
- El bufón y la infanta by Juan Ramón Galiñanes García
- La flor más grande del mundo by Juan Pablo Etcheverry
- Perpetuum Mobile by Raquel García-Ajofrín Virtus and Enrique García Rodríguez
- Tadeo Jones y el sótano maldito by Enrique Gato Borregán.
One of the favourites to win the award is “Perpetuum Mobile”, produced by Silverspace. It tells the story of a young Leonardo Da Vinci and recollects the events that motivated the young genius to dedicate his life to art and science.
Silverspace used Maya 3D and Pixar’s Renderman to make the film. Post production used Combustion for colour grading and compositing.
Perpetuum Mobile has already received 12 award nominations and has won awards at the Independent Film Festival of California, L´Uovo de Napoli, the Las Vegas International Film Festival and the Oregon Da Vinci Film Festival.
The film has also been translated into 12 different languages and was shown at SIGGRAPH 2007 and the Sitges Cinema Festival in Catalunya, Spain. The 2008 awards ceremony will take place at the beginning of February 2008.