Thanks to the sponsors of MacVideo Expo there will be over £10 000 worth of prizes given away on the night. Prizes include 10 copies of Blackmagic Designs' Da Vinci Resolve on Mac, G-Technology hard drives, iPads, iPod Touch and copies of Rick Young's Easy Guide to Final Cut Pro 7 from Focal Press.
Everyone who registers for the event is in the draw to win!
Bringing together the best of the UK digital video scene, MacVideo Expo is shaping up to be the major ‘shoot and edit’ event for 2010.
Meet the people who design video technology and the creatives who use it daily. Get first-hand advice to streamline and enhance your production and post production skills. MacVideo Expo is a gathering of creative professionals who make their living from making videos.
Reserve your place now for only £10!
3.30pm Registration and ticket collection
• Browse the exhibitor showcase, see new products in action, network with fellow creatives and enjoy good food and drink.
6.30pm Show Starts
• Panel Discussion: The great DSLR vs Video Camera debate, focussing on what DSLRs are good for, where this technology excels and when to use conventional video technology.
• Final Cut Pro: Tips and Tricks: 10 tips in 10 minutes
• AVID: What's new in Media Composer 5. Using the Number1 hit music video Riverside by Sidney Samson edited on Media Composer the demonstration will show the editing and effects work done for this video. Also to be discussed is the new File Based workflows in Media Composer 5 using native RED, Canon 5D and Pro Res. Working on FCP? Bring your FCP project and Pro Res media in to Media Composer5.
• Blackmagic Design: Blackmagic Design EMEA Resolve Specialist, Dan Moran will demonstrate the world's most advanced colour correction software. Using raw video files, Dan will take everyday clips through the colour correction process and demonstrate key features such as primary and secondary correction, tracking and keying. Prior to Blackmagic Design takeover of DaVinci, you could only buy bespoke systems which started at $100,000.00 for your most basic system with systems costing $200 - $250k. Now you can step int this technology for less than $1000 USD.
• Corbis Motion brings instant access to content from the world's premier film and entertainment companies, including National Geographic, Sony Pictures, Paramount Pictures, MGM Studios and HBO Archives.
• Holdan: a look at the Panasonic AVCCAM range, concentrating on the new IBC releases like the affordable and practical AG-HMC81, the innovative futuristic AG-3D1A 3D Camcorder and discuss the highly anticipated, exciting AF-101, nicknamed the Baby Red.
• G-Technology present ‘How do you choose storage for content creation?’ What are the important things to look for when choosing a hard drive for post production
• Autodesk: Demystifying Smoke for Mac - see for yourself why everyone's talking Smoke - the all-in-one editorial finishing tool for the Mac. Autodesk's Grant Kay will help demystify Smoke for Mac. Grant will have his bag of tips and tricks with examples that range from pulling the impossible key to using 3D compositing tools to take your motion graphics to the next level. Grant will also show the latest in stereoscopic 3D editorial finishing - an out-of-the-box feature in Smoke.
• Dedo Weigert lighting demonstration. Watch the master in action and learn lighting techniques from a world-class cinematographer (Dedo Weigert, two-time Academy Award Winner for technical achievement)
The event will finish at 10:30pm.
Don't miss out, book your place now!
MacVideo Expo will take place at:
The Royal Society of Medicine, One Wimpole Street, London W1G 0AE
5 minutes walk from Oxford Circus
To book: http://www.macvideo.tv/events/