Boris FX has launched Boris Continuum Complete 8 AE (BCC 8 AE) at the IBC show in Amsterdam. BCC 8 AE delivers over 200 VFX filters to Mac and Windows versions of Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro CS5.5, CS5, CS4, and CS3.
Boris Continuum Complete 8 AE offers new filters including:
- BCC Videoscope checks color levels at any stage of an After Effects composition, ensuring broadcast-legal colors of the final output or any individual element in the project.
- BCC Film Glow creates the soft feel of exposed film.
- BCC Flicker Fixer repairs video affected by flickering light or uneven shutter exposure.
- BCC Stage Light simulates production lights, projectors, or stage lighting. This powerful volumetric lighting tool adds striking realism to 3D composites.
- BCC Lens Flare 3D leverages GPU acceleration and AE’s camera and lighting system to create cinematic looks, stylish broadcast design elements, and beautiful transitions.
- BCC Particle Emitter gives 3D broadcast designers the ultimate particle machine, providing an incredibly powerful, flexible, and OpenGL-accelerated particle system.
- BCC Organic Strands emulates flowing strands of matter, glowing plasma, or hundreds of other creative options to enhance broadcast graphics.
- BCC Wild Cards provides an easy-to-use particle-based filter for building complex designs of 2D images in 3D space.
BCC 8 AE includes full integration with AE’s 3D camera and lighting system, support for vector masks directly from AE layers, and the ability to take advantage of audio directly from AE audio tracks.
BCC 8 AE will be available in October for US$995 (around £625). Owners of previous versions of BCC AE may upgrade for $295 (£185).