Canon has announced the XF100 and XF105, baby siblings to the now-available XF300 and XF305. The smaller versions offer 50mbps recording; 1/3 inch CMOS sensor; variable rate recording; XLR jacks; 2 slots CF recording and, for the XF105 only - HD-SDI, Genlock and Timecode.
The XF100-series camcorders have been designed to offer highly portable Full HD recording. The camcorders compliment the larger XF300 and XF305 shown by Canon at NAB earlier this year.
Terunori Tajiri, EMEA Video Product Manager, Canon Europe, explained: “The XF105 and XF100 are the next step in the expansion of Canon’s file-based professional camcorder line-up. A broadcast-standard MPEG-2 codec in such a compact body makes these new products unique, and will offer a level of HD image quality that was previously out of the reach of many users. The XF105 and XF100 will combine with XF305, XF300 and EOS DSLR cameras to offer a comprehensive range of Canon HD video tools for all sorts of applications.”
XF105 & XF100 – key features
- MPEG-2 Full HD 4:2:2 recording on CompactFlash at up to 50Mbps.
- Two CF slots for continuous (relay) recording.
- SD card slot for stills.
- MXF file format for workflow compatibility.
- 10x HD Video Lens, f/1.8 max., 30.4mm wide angle (35mm equivalent).
- Three mode Optical Image Stabilizer (OIS) – Standard, Powered or Dynamic.
- 2.07 Megapixel 1/3 type CMOS sensor.
- 8.8cm, 920k dot LCD monitor;
- 0.61cm, 260k dot EVF with 100% coverage.
- Variable frame rate recording (12-50fps).
- DIGIC DV III image processor.
- Independent audio controls and XLR inputs; front-mounted integrated mic.
- 16-bit linear PCM audio at 48kHz.
- Extensive customisation options, including 90 variables via Custom Picture function.
- Studio connectivity – HD-SDI, Genlock, Timecode (XF105 only).