On Wednesday Apple issued Pro Applications Update 2010-02 - recommended for all users of Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Server, and Logic Studio - with improved versions of Final Cut Pro 7, Motion 4, Color 1.5, Compressor 3.5, and Qmaster 3.5.
Most of the changes come with Final Cut Pro 7.0.3:
- Real-time compatibility with Sony XDCAM HD422 720p24/p25/p30.
- Log and Transfer compatibility with Sony NXCAM SD.
- Control-G not closing the correct gap in the Timeline under the playhead.
- Closed captioning data is now preserved when outputting to AJA Io HD with Print to Tape/Video.
- Performance issue when importing AVCHD with LPCM audio.
- AVCHD thumbnail images in SD are now the correct 4:3 aspect ratio.
- XML export now retains the carriage return when working with text and third-party applications.
- Several memory fragmentation issues have been resolved.
- Localized versions of Final Cut Pro now recognize HDV devices that use the 1080i60/1080i50 FireWire Basic Easy Setups.
- Log and Transfer supports ingesting more than one format recorded to the same SD card.
Motion 4.0.3 addresses the corrupted display of the camera controls with certain graphics processors.
Color 1.5.3 adds compatibility with XDCAM HD422 720p24/p25/p30.
Compression 1.5.3 adds a compression setting optimized for iPad and iPhone 4.
Apple Qmaster 3.5.3 is also listed as being updated, but Apple didn’t specify what has changed.
The update is available via OS X’s Software Update mechanism, or directly from Apple’s support downloads page.