Digital Arts has teamed up with leading custom printers Awesome Merchandise to offer you a fantastic opportunity to have your art screen-printed onto T-shirts, which you can sell or use to promote yourself (or give as gifts to stylish friends).
Submit a three-colour design on a white or transparent background and you’ll be entered for judging. The best designs, as selected by teams from Digital Arts and Awesome Merchandise, will be rewarded by having their T-shirts printed by Awesome Merchandise.
First prize is 75 T-shirts featuring the winning design -- plus a year’s subscription to Digital Arts. Five second prizes each include five T-shirts with your artwork (plus a year’s subscription). Winners will also see their work shown off in a future issue of Digital Arts and
on our website.
So get creative and submit something stunning to get your hands on this amazing prize. For top tips on how to design for screen-printing, see our tutorial on page 46 of our December 2009 issue.
75 T-shirts featuring your design
+ a year’s subscription to Digital Arts
5 Second prizes!
Five T-shirts featuring your design
+ a year’s subscription to Digital Arts
How to design your T-shirt
T-shirts should be designed for printing onto a white T-shirt and should use three colours taken from Awesome Merchandise’s range of 50 colours — including fluorescents and metallics. An ASE (Adobe Swatch Exchange) file containing these colours as swatches for use in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign can be downloaded here. The designs should measure 320-x-430mm, and be submitted as AI or PDF files, or as 300dpi PSD documents.
Awesome Merchandise prides itself on providing high quality print and merchandise at extremely competitive prices. With over four years experience in producing custom products for a wide range of clientele -- from bands, business and universities, to artists, illustrators and other creatives -- the company offers a diverse range of products at affordable prices, but without compromising on quality.
From its humble beginnings pressing one-inch badges on a hand held machine, Awesome Merchandise has expanded rapidly with constant investment in new machinery to offer our customers an interesting and extensive merchandise range. The company screen-prints using state-of-the-art presses and offers fifty on the shelf inks, including neon and metallic, as well as the option of Pantone matches for those colour-critical jobs. Awesome Merchandise's aim is to make sure your merchandise experience is an awesome one!
Terms & conditions
1. First prize is 75 t-shirts featuring the winning design, plus 13 issues of Digital Arts. The five second prize are 5 t-shirts featuring the winning design, plus 13 issues of Digital Arts. If the any winner is already a Digital Arts subscriber, their subscription will be extended by a year.
2. You must be over 18 years of age and resident in the UK to enter this competition.
3. Employees of IDG Communications or Awesome Merchandise and their families are not eligible to enter the competition.
4. Proof of submission is not proof of our receipt of your entry. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost, delayed or damaged.
5. The closing date is Midnight on December 31, 2009.
6. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. The prize may not be transferred to any other person.
8. No cash alternative or alternative prize is available but in the event of the advertised competition prize being unavailable we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
9. Prizes will only be delivered to an address within the United Kingdom. If the delivery address of the winner changes at any time, the winner shall immediately inform us of the new delivery address. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of the prize.
11. No purchase of the magazine is necessary to enter.
12. Names of winners are available on request to The Editor, Competitions, Digital Arts.