Oympus has announced that owners of its E-System cameras will be able to get a new view of the world next year with the introduction of the Zuiko Digital ED 8mm 1:3.5 Fisheye Lens. E-1 and E-300 photographers will be able to benefit from a full 180-degree diagonal angle of view enabling unique and eye-catching panoramic pictures to be taken.
The fisheye lens offers attention-grabbing and distinctive perspectives, with the circular aperture diaphragm of the lens providing natural background blurring. The lens will also have a large depth of field leading to unparalled sharpness across the entire frame says Olympus.
According to Olympus, the Zuiko Digital ED 8mm 1:3.5 Fisheye Lens' main features are as follows:
* Diagonal Fisheye Lens with 180 degree angle of view
* Focal length of 8mm (16mm fisheye on a 35mm camera), 1:3.5
* Focusing distances (object – sensor) as close as 13cm
* Minimum working distance 2cm from the lens front for wide-macro shooting
* ED lens element for minimized chromatic aberration
* Circular aperture diaphragm for natural background blurring
* Multi-coated lens elements to reduce ghosting and flaring
* Dust & water droplet resistance for enhanced reliability
* Suitable for underwater photography when used with optional
PPO-E04 underwater lens port and combined with Olympus E-300 & PT-E01 underwater case
The lens is planned for release from January 2006 with the price yet to be confirmed.