NewTek has released VT 4 Live. Previously know as Video Toaster, VT 4 Live is the latest release of the live video production system.
VT 4 Live enables producers to set up, switch, and monitor a live production. It accepts most video and graphics input standards and file formats and operates in uncompressed D1 component video.
The system includes super-scaling technology, maintaining image quality when scaling video for picture-in-picture of real-time effects. VT 4 also includes an integrated timeline and storyboard editing with animated titling, paint, 3D modelling and animation and keying, the company claims.
New features include:
- 200+ new effects and video transitions (over 500 total effects in VT 4)
- PowerPoint added as a switcher input
- Real-time DV out
- Image Super-scaling for super-sharp picture-in-picture
- 4 channel audio In and Out with adjustable mic or line feeds
- Improved Audio now allows 12dB of headroom
- 8-band EQ on all audio clips in the editor
- Alpha Out to use VT 4 as CG upstream of switcher
- CG for titles, scrolls, crawls and last-minute changes
- Animated CG pages edited right on the Timeline
- Instant Targa sequence playback for real-time playback and recording
- Preview out for hardware monitoring of the show
- Integrated Genlock for timing to house sync
- Serverless Streaming to accommodate up to 10 simultaneous connections
- Live Integration of Editor to incorporate cameras into projects
- MPEG-2 Encoding for DVD creation
- DVD Authoring with the bundled DVD Workshop 2 SE
- 3D animation with LightWave 3D 8
- 3D Audio positioning of all 4 channels in VT-Edit
Eight possible names for the next version of Mac OS X: What will Apple call the follow-up to Maveri?......
Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...