Digital creativity collective onedotzero has extended its deadline for submissions a second time for its 2008/09 global touring festival. Moving image and digital art creatives now have until July 31 to submit works.
The organization arranges screenings, festivals and events across the world. The current competition seeks new moving image possibilities and encouraging interdisciplinary collaboration across all aspects of moving image and related disciplines.
Entries must fall into one of onedotzero's specified categories. This year a new category is based on the theme of citystates, aiming to engage audiences, industry and media with an in-depth exploration of city life, insights and culture.
"More people than ever before are living in cities bringing with it a greater socio-cultural mix, sense of movement and transition than previously experienced. Now more than ever it is important to understand and interact with the broad spectrum of what the city offers us - how we inhabit it, how we engage with its’ cultural make up, and how we view and influence its future," comments Shane Walter, onedotzero's creative director.
Submission themes are the following:
Core programmes: central to the onedotzero ethos; explorations of new creative expression, visionary moving image and progressive visual ideas. categories that are open to submissions include:
- Wow + Flutter: home for exploring motion graphics, motion typography, visual code, processing, animation, enhanced digital and short experimental works
- Wavelength: dedicated to exploring innovative, visually progressive music videos and rarely screened promos and unofficial versions.
- Extended Play: a select international programme of critically acclaimed, digitally inflected short films and animations, which extend way beyond the boundaries of traditional storytelling and style
- J-Star: the latest survey of music videos, motion graphics and shorts from some of Japan’s finest moving image-makers and young talent.
New categories: onedotzero is developing new categories based around the overarching theme of citystates: onedotzero seeks inspired views of contemporary city culture based on the following:
- Innovative moving image work that explores the collisions, myths, rela tionships, sensory overloads, and multiple layerings of contemporary city life, within individual, the communal and global contexts
- Evocative interpretations of all types of terrain, environments, architecture
- Urban street art and graffiti
- Thought-provoking work that targets social, environmental, and political concerns and issues.
Other: onedotzero is also interested in receiving proposals for installations, interactive works and live performance in addition to single screen works and explorations of typography for current and future plans for current and future project plans.
For further details and submission procedures click here.