The opportunity for the world’s outstanding creative talent to shine has arrived with the launch of the D&AD Global Awards 2007 call for entries, according to the organization. Considered to be one of the world’s toughest and most coveted awards to win, the Yellow Pencil is held as the global symbol of creative excellence.
Now in its forty-fifth year, the awards span all areas of commercial creativity, from the traditional advertising and design disciplines, to ambient, interactive, gaming, music videos and emerging online categories.
"This year’s line-up of foremen is both formidable and inspiring," says D&AD chief executive Michael Hockney. "From Chip Kidd in Book Design and Mark Tutsell in Poster Advertising, to past D&AD Presidents John Hegarty, Michael Johnson, Martin Lambie-Nairn, and Michael Wolff. Anyone with a passion for their work and a desire to showcase their talent on a global stage will enter the D&AD Global Awards.”
The D&AD Global Awards 2007 identity
The D&AD Global Awards 2007 foreman line-up includes:
- Ambient – Anna Burles, Jack Liberties
- Art Direction – Nik Studzinski, Publicis London
- Branding - Michael Wolff, Michael Wolff & Company
- Book Design – Chip Kidd, Random House NY
- Direct – Ian Haworth, WWAV Rapp Collins
- Environmental Design – Eva Jiricna, Eva Jiricna Associates
- Gaming – Eric Matthews, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
- Graphic Design – Michael Johnson (Leading Foreman), Johnson Banks
- Illustration – Angus Hyland, Pentagram
- Integrated – John Jay, Wieden+Kennedy New York
- Interactive TV- Steven Hess, Weapon7
- Magazine & Newspaper Design – Mark Porter, The Guardian
- Online Advertising – Mark Cridge, Glue London
- Poster Advertising – Mark Tutssel, Leo Burnett
- Press Advertising – Jeremy Craigen, DDB London
- Radio Advertising – David Nobay, Saatchi & Saatchi Sydney
- TV & Cinema Advertising – John Hegarty, Bartle Bogle Hegarty
- TV & Cinema Graphics – Martin Lambie-Nairn, Lambie-Nairn
- TV & Cinema Crafts – Daniel Kleinmann, Kleinmann Productions
- Writing for Print Advertising – Tim Delaney, Leagas Delaney
- Writing for Design – David Hieatt, Howies
More information about the Awards can be found at www.dandad.org/awards07. According to the D&AD, entered work must have been broadcast, published or launched between 1 January and 31 December 2006.
The Awards deadline for entry is January 10, 2007, according to the D&AD, with judging to be held in London on March 25-31, 2007. The D&AD says nominations will be revealed in April 2007, with the D&AD Global Awards 2007 ceremony and dinner held on May 24 at Old Billingsgate in London.
The D&AD Global Awards 2007 identity concept (pictured) is by Saatchi & Saatchi. The icon was designed by Build/This is Real Art.