IDG - the leading online publisher behind Digital Arts, TechAdvisor, Macworld, Techworld and more - is looking for talented junior front-end developer. You will work as part of a small development team across some of the UK's top technology and business websites. Your work will have a direct contribution to the success of these sites, and over time you will be given the opportunity to develop projects from scratch with direct contribution to their brief.
You should be able to:
- Take a PSD of a design and convert to HTML and implement.
- Implement some desired functionality on a site and have good ideas about how to blend it into the existing site.
- Think about responsive implications of any given solution (mobile, tablet and desktop)
- Implement using best practices for HTML5, SEO and bear in mind choices that may affect performance.
- Understand the business decisions behind what you are coding and factor them into what you build.
- Work effectively with the team and those from others (UX, editorial and marketing).
You should have strong knowledge of:
- CSS, SCSS
You should have:
- A relevant university degree
- The ability to adapt and learn new technologies on the job
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to get involved
- Relevant training (off and on job)
- £25-30k Salary dep on experience.
- 25 days holiday
- 35hr week
- A great team across development, editorial, ad ops and more
- Excellent working environment in a central (zone 1) London location - with a damn nice roof terrace (weather permitting)
To find out more, or to express interest in joining the number 1 tech media company in the world, email [email protected] in confidence.