5 Top tips Rob Shields
1. Before you start a project, look for more elements than you think you will need. It will increase your options, just in case.
2. Research some of the old compositional tricks like the rule of thirds in order to have a more technically astute eye.
3. Look at each element in the work and ask yourself what it adds to the overall piece. If the answer is nothing, get rid of it.
4. Don’t be afraid to stop, disassemble the work and start with a new approach: experimentation is a must.
5. Remember tip two? Now go ahead and break the rule of thirds.